The Constituency Labour Party currently has over 900 full members and 300 affiliated members from every part of the area. We exist to support the election of Labour Party representatives at both national and local government levels and to campaign for social justice on issues that affect people within the constituency.
Each CLP member is also a member of one of our component branches, depending on their home address. There are nine of these branches, each with a Chairperson and Secretary elected by its members.
5 of these branches are within the boundaries of Corby Borough Council:
- Corby Central - Branch Secretary: Cllr. Mark Pengelly firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 01536 508659
- Corby North West -Branch Secretary: Stevie Cassidy email@example.com 07792 668076
- Corby Rural - Branch Secretary: Jill Sheffer firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 01536 772161
- Corby West - Branch Secretary: Bryan Massie email@example.com
- Danesholme & Oakley - Branch Secretary: Claire Cochrane firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 07790 310 391
4 branches fall within the boundaries of East Northants Council:
- Irthlingborough - Branch Secretary: Caroline Cross email@example.com Tel. 01933 653720
- Oundle - Branch Secretary: Cllr. Julie Brookfield firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 01832 274412
- Raunds - Branch Secretary: Pauline Ellis email@example.com Tel. 01933 389695
- Thrapston - Branch Secretary: Jerry Hawkins firstname.lastname@example.org
Each branch also elects a number of 'General Committee' delegates to attend the monthly CLP meetings with voting powers. This arrangement seeks to ensure that any decisions taken by the CLP are informed by the views of members from across all parts of the constituency. Part of the role of these delegates is, at the Annual General Meeting, to elect the CLP's officers and Executive Committee members who are responsible for the day-to-day running of the CLP.